Membership of The Centerport Garden Club
Membership in The Centerport Garden Club consists of Resident, Non-Resident, Associate, Life and Honorary Members in accordance with the objectives and purposes of the Club.
Resident membership is open to residents of the Harborfields School District.
Non-Resident membership is limited to a percentage of the entire Club membership.
Associate membership is limited in number and available to members who have been in good standing with the Club for a period of five years and for personal or health reasons must curtail their involvement.
Life membership is the highest honor that Club and bestow and may be conferred upon any member in recognition of long and distinguished service to the Club.
Election to Membership
- Each candidate for membership must be sponsored by two Club members in good standing.
- It shall be the duty of the Board to consider each prospective member and if approved by two-thirds vote of the entire Board, to report the acceptance of the applicant to the membership at the next regular meeting of the Club.
- A prospective member must attend three out of four consecutive meetings. Fulfilling these requirements, she will be accepted as a member at the next regular meeting.
Duties of Members
- A members is expected to attend all regular meetings.
- If a member is unable to attend a meeting, she should contact the Membership Chairman.
- Each Garden Club Member must participate in Hospitality each year.
- A member must serve on one committee each year if asked.
- A sponsor of a prospective member is responsible for making her aware of her obligations as a member.
- Members must adhere to All By-Laws and Rules.
- A member must adhere to all Flower Show Rules including but not limited to participation in The Centerport Garden Club Flower Show with a minimum of one entry in Horticulture and/or Design.
If you would like additional information regarding The Centerport Garden Club please email: info@CenterportGardenClub.org